Imagine you could time travel into the future to meet the best most successful version of yourself. You might notice how energetic, healthy, and fit you look, the twinkle in your eye, and a smile so big and bright it would put Miss Universe to shame.
Did you know that you have the power to become this person? You can start right now.
If you want to begin to increase your potential for massive success, you can follow this guideline of what successful people do differently.
1. They are optimistic- Success is a state of mind. If you want to create a success mindset, it's important to stay focused on the positive and what's going right, vs. what’s going wrong. Reality is just your perception of it, and you have the choice to perceive it in any way you wish.
2. They don't complain- Complaining is a waste of time and energy, not to mention extremely annoying to anyone within earshot. Successful people understand the value of not complaining.
3. They don't engage in petty gossip- If you’re focused on anyone else's business but your own, you aren’t making the kind of progress in your own life that you could be. Stay focused on where you’re headed.
4. There is no negative self-talk- Whatever you believe becomes true. The stories you tell yourself will either hold you back from success or propel you to the top. Successful people don't put themselves down or let worry, doubt, or fear stand in the way of their success.
5. They don't make excuses- When the brown stuff hits the fan, and it will, there are no excuses. The mess was made. Successful people simply find a way to clean it up and move forward.
6. They don't sweat the small stuff- Making a big deal out of minor inconveniences is a waste of energy and will slow down your progress. Stay focused on what’s important.
7. They make decisions quickly- One thing that slows so many people down from their success is indecisiveness. Make decisions quickly and put them into action. If it’s the wrong decision, you’ll know much more quickly than if you weigh the pros and cons. Then, you can take the appropriate action to move forward.
8.They take risks- T.S. Elliot put it so beautifully “Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far it is possible to go.”Successful people know it’s important to push the boundaries.
9. They invest in themselves- Success in life is not a destination it’s a journey because once you reach the top, there’s always another level. Successful people spend time, energy, and money bettering themselves intellectually, emotionally, and personally.
10. They see opportunity everywhere- People with a success mindset tend to look for opportunities where others may not. They perceive every meeting, encounter, and experience as a possible opportunity.
11. They focus on their strengths and know when to delegate- Don’t waste time trying to strengthen your weaknesses. Do what you do best, and delegate the rest.
12. They are outcome oriented- Sometimes people get so overwhelmed with over thinking the process, they sabotage the end results. Learn to stay focused on the big picture.
13. They follow the 80/20 rule- 20% of the things we do give us 80% of our results. Decide what 20% of the activities on your “To Do List” will give you the best results in the shortest amount of time, and focus only on those.
14. They expect things to work out- Successful people don’t question if things will work out, because the only thing standing in the way of what they want to achieve, is time.
15. They know when to say no- You won’t get to the top by being a people pleaser. Learn to respect your time, and expect others to respect it as well. If an invite, event, or request isn’t going to benefit you, it's ok to say no.
16. They don’t waste time on social media- Social Media can be a great way to promote your business or service, but it can also mysteriously make time vanish! Use social media strategically. Schedule posts whenever possible to avoid getting sucked in.
17. They aren’t concerned about what others think- When you reach a certain level of success there will always be "haters". It comes with the territory. If people aren’t talking bad about you, you aren’t making a big enough impact. What’s important is that you feel good about what you’re accomplishing. If someone has a problem with you, it's their problem to have.
18. They don’t believe in perfectionism- If you need something to be perfect in order to be complete, you will never get it done. Strive for outstanding instead.
19. They think big- Create goals, dreams, and desires that are much larger than those you can easily visualize achieving. You will go much further in life.
20. They avoid toxic people- They say you are an average of the five people you spend the most time with. Be mindful of spending your time with people who inspire you to become the best you can be.
21. They think outside the box- The most successful innovators and thought leaders know how to challenge the norm and find solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems. Learn to engage in activities that challenge your creative mind.
Want to know more about how you can become more successful?
Contact Julie to schedule your free consultation.